No more Sinus Lifting and Bone grafting Procedures !!!!!
What is Sinus Lifting ( SINUS AUGMENTATION ) ?
Sinus Lifting is also called as Sinus Augmentation .
Maxillary Sinuses are present on either side of the nose . When the bone height is minimal in the premolar and molar region due to long term missing teeth , sinus lifting is done .
Sinus lifting is a major surgical procedure where The sinus membrane is lifted upwards for gaining space to place the bone graft . . Bone graftings are done by taking bone from other parts of the body like chin , high , hip etc … Once the bone grafting is done , it takes 6 months for the graft to become a normal bone . After 6 months , the implant is placed . The crown is placed again after nother 6 months . So to Implant and get a teeth , it takes 1 to 1 ½ years.
This how sinus lifting and bone grafting is being done ..
Sinus Lifting and Bone Grafting Procedures have got the following complications :
- Sinus Infection
- Severe Pain
- Graft failure
- Oro-antral communication / oro-antral fistula
- Tilting or loosening of implants
DISADVANTAGES OF SINUS LIFTS AND BONE GRAFTS :
The cost involved in sinus and bone grafting procedure is very high because of the long duration and multiple visits involved in the procedure
2 . Multiple Surgical Visits :
Sinus lifting procedures involves multiple surgical visits
- Surgery for placing the bone graft
- Surgery for implant placement after 6 months
- Surgery for exposing the implant and placing the abutment and crown after 6 months
3 . Surgical Complications :
- The sinus membrane may tear
- Bone grafts taken from hip, thigh or any other region might fail and get infected
- Sometimes , the bone grafts fail to integrate with the existing bone
SINUS LIFTING And BONE GRAFTING Procedures can be avoided by Basal Implants ..
BASAL IMPLANTS have completely eradicated the sinus lifting and bone grafting procedures .
BASAL IMPLANTS AND PTUBERO-TERYGOID IMPLANTS
Basal implants take support from the cortical bone . The sinus floor is a cortical bone and basal implants are placed engaging the cortical bone to get more stability . .
Basal implants ( Bi-cortical Implants ) are available with many sizes starting from very minimal diameter , So measuring the distance between the sinus floor and bone , the implant size is choosen accordingly .
Post –operative xray
When there is complete Pneumatization of the sinus , Basal Implants are placed by taking support from the tuberosity and the pterygoid bone ..
Convenctional Two Piece Implantolgists will ask their patients to undergo Sinus lifting or bone grafting procedures for placing implants in the molar region .
Here in best Laser Dental clinic and Implant Centre , we are placing tubero pterygoid Implants to Avoid sinus lifting and bone Grafting surgeries .
We have been doing this since 8 to 10 years and the success rate is 98% ..
The implants are placed in the Tuberosity region and then into the pterygoid plates to gain stability .
The bone in the Tubero pterygoid region is cortical in nature.. The occlusion forces go to the Pterygo-maxillary buttress which is cortical in nature and the teeth can be loaded immediately .These implants are placed by flapless technique ( key hole technique ) and hence there won’t be any bleeding .
Advantages of Pterygoid Implants :
1) Everyone can get implants as the bone is more stronger and cortical so it never resorbs .
Implant breakage or Implant loosening can never take place
2) Both 1st and 2 nd molars are replaced and the chewing efficiency will be 100%
3) Tubero-pterygoid Implants completely avoids Sinus Lifting and Bone grafting procedures
4) No Cantilevers from front teeth
5) In full mouth rehabilitation patients , 14 teeth can be given in the upper jaw as the implants are placed in the most distal part of maxilla .
6) Teeth can be loaded Immediately
7) No bleeding and swelling present