Cosmetic dentistry refers to any dental work which improves the appearance of teeth, gums, complete mouth feel and bites. It primarily focuses on improvement of the dental aesthetics in terms of colour, position, shape, size, alignment and overall smile appearance.
What does cosmetic dentistry involve?
Cosmetic dentistry involves the following:
- The addition of some type of dental material either to the teeth or gums like bonding, laminates, crowns and gum grafts.
- The removal of tooth structure or gums like enameloplasty and gingivectomy
- Procedures like teeth whitening and bleaching, laser whitening and gum depigmentation.
Which are the procedures involved with cosmetic dentistry?
- Whitening or tooth bleaching is the most common cosmetic dental procedure.
- Laser whitening is a teeth whitening technique which is six times more effective compared to other procedures.
- Tooth reshaping removes parts of the enamel to improve the appearance of the tooth.
- The next process to be performed consists of an enamel-like dental composite material. Later, it is applied to the tooth’s surface, where it is sculpted and hardened and later polished. This process is called bonding.
- Dental bridges are the restorative bridges across a gap made by missing teeth. Also called fixed partial dentures.
- Veneers are the ultra-thin, porcelain laminates which are bonded directly to the teeth. They are an option for closing gaps, enhance the shape, or change the colour of teeth that do not respond well to whitening procedures
- Dental implants are prosthetic replacements for missing teeth.
- Gum lift is a cosmetic dental procedure that raises and sculpts the gum line. Invisalign treatment is being used as an alternative to traditional metal braces. Invisalign helps in treating spacing, crowding, and overlapping teeth to create the smile patients desire.
- Inlays and Onlays are used to repair decayed & cracked teeth. They help in parts of teeth where the filling is too small to correct the decayed teeth.
Visit Us : dentalimplantsindia.org
Mail Us : email@example.com