What is Tooth Filling?
Generally, people require at least one tooth filling in their life. Tooth Filling is mostly used to cure cavities, broken and cracked teeth or destroyed or deteriorate teeth. Chinthamani Laser Dental Clinic & Implant Centre is one of the best dental clinics in Chennai for especially for Tooth Filling procedure.
What is the procedure of Tooth Filling?
The procedure of Tooth Filling include
- Numb the affected area of treatment with anesthesia
- Remove the affected teeth
- Restoration of tooth with a composite or amalgam filling
- Checking of teeth alignment
How many types of Teeth Fillings are available?
There are many options available for Tooth Filling and all of them have some pros and cons. Types of Tooth Filling include silver, gold amalgam which is a combination of mercury, silver, and other metals, porcelain, tooth-colored composite material and a special type of glass. Tooth filling depends on the cost, insurance coverage and an individual aesthetic preference. A wide variety is used to fill cavities.
- Amalgam fillings-these are strong, noticeable, best for molars cavities and least expensive
- Composite fillings-these are durable and good for small restoration
- Metals-gold and silver amalgam is highly used amalgam for cavities filling
- Ceramic-it is made of porcelain and expensive
- Glass ionomer- it is a combination of glass and acrylic
What type of care is necessary after Tooth Fillings?
To maintain tooth fillings, it is recommended to follow
- Good oral hygiene
- Regularly visit the dentist for cleanings
- Proper brushing with a fluoride toothpaste
- Use of an antibacterial mouthwash
What kind of problems occurred with Tooth Fillings?
Tooth fillings sometimes causes some problems, such as
- Tooth pain and sensitivity
- Filling allergies such as skin rashes and itching
- Worsening fillings
- Continuous pressure due to grinding, chewing and clenching
The team at Chinthamani Laser Dental Clinic & Implant Centre, Chennai will ensure their patients to get a comfortable treatment before, during, and after the procedure. The clinic has highly qualified and skilled dental surgeons in Chennai. The clinic provides best dental treatment in Chennai at the economic rate with high quality and durability.